Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Elements and Principles of Design

 
Principles of Design
 



I chose to use black and white boxes to frame the images in my design
and add some contrast between the designs and the background. All of
the boxes are the same size, but are on different angles to draw
interest to each one. I chose to use a coloured gradient background to
contrast with the text and boxes and make the poster more
eye-catching.
 

 Elements of Design

 
The reason I decided to make my design look like it was made on lined paper, was because the elements of design are used all the time in things like schoolwork, which lined paper is used for, without us even realizing it. I chose to use vibrant colours for the images and black for the writing against a white background for my piece, in order to make the images and the explanations stand out against the background and make them easier to read/see. I placed them in two separate lines underneath the titles because the human eye naturally looks from left to right in a straight line, so I made looking at the images and explanations as easy as reading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment